Celebrate the Fourth of July in patriotic style
Here's your guide of flag-inspired finds from Main Street that will help you easily pull together your look and get to the fireworks on time. (Wear them again for the Olympics party later this summer!)
- This vintage-looking wooden American flag is nostalgic and charming. Painted American Flag, $129, Pottery Barn, 27 Main St., potterybarn.com.
- A hint of home pride with these subtle red-and-blue cufflinks—perfect against a snappy, white shirt. Fabric Knot Cuff Links, $12.50, J. Crew, 145 Main St., jcrew.com.
- Inviting the British over on the Fourth? Rock this patriotic tie, fashioned by our old friends across the pond. Coppingford Silk Tie $69.50, Jack Wills, 139 Main St., jackwills.com.
- Jack Wills might be “fabulously British,” but lucky for us, our flags share the same colors. This can be your I-can’t-believe-it’s-not-American dress. Henshaw dress $69.50.
- Chinos are perfect for weathering an evening breeze while watching the fireworks. Gentlemen: Don’t worry, Jack Wills carries a similar style for you, too. Hollingworth Chino, $89.50.
- Still don’t know what you’re bringing to the barbecue? Find inspiration from this American-as-apple-pie recipe book. Cherry, blueberry, strawberry—doesn’t matter the flavor, everyone loves pie! "United States of Pie,” by Adrienne Kane, $24.95, Williams-Sonoma, 136 Main St., williams-sonoma.com.
- No one wants to nurse a sunburn on July 5, so pack this oil-free, hypoallergenic sunscreen and play it safe at the beach. Hampton Sun SPF 70 Continuous Mist, $32 at Bluemercury, 57 Main St., bluemercury.com.
- These J. Crew anchor-printed pumps add a whimsical touch to your outfit. Mona Printed Pumps, $248.
- If you’re heading to the beach this holiday (or all summer long), consider these Jack Wills board shorts. Claverley Board Shorts $79.50.
- This J. Crew nautical-inspired bathing suit is waiting to be paired with a floppy hat, cute cover up and some shades to make you a stylish beachgoer on the Fourth. Deck-Stripe Underwire Tank $86.
- Oscar Blandi's Pronto Texture and Volume Spray gives those enviable tousled, beachy waves – so "American." Spray in wet or dry hair and go. $25, www.blandiproducts.com