From the Editor: Let's Share
Know what kind of insider trading I can support? The kind that tells me secretly where to pick up an authentic pastrami on rye or where to find a snowy slope for sledding. With time, anyone can discover the treasures of our towns. Gems like the Westport Youth Film Festival, a town tour with Allen Raymond, a walk through the Newman-Poses Preserve, a skate at Longshore ice rink, free pizza at V’s happy hour, a literary lecture at the library, a performance by jazz greats, an amazing sale at a local boutique and a scenic route through Weston and Wilton that feels worlds away. The list is endless. How about a good Chinese dumpling or Indian curry?
No problem—they are both right on Post Road. Where to find a simple chicken salad sandwich with real mayo? It’s not the obvious choice. And finding it takes either trial and error or networking. That’s why we present this “Insider’s Guide.” We dish on scoops like $3 kids’ meals and where to find an expert tailor, day or night.
Before the month is out, try some of my faves:
• LISTEN to the lovely Lissy Newman sing at the Dressing Room.
• STROLL the Sherwood Mill Pond Walkway.
• SET your GPS to Bon Appetit Cafe in Wilton and try the French onion soup.
• ENJOY a romantic evening for two at the Schoolhouse at Cannondale.
• STOP IN at Max’s Art Supplies to pick up adorable art kits for the kids and handmade cards of Westport scenes.
• DRIVE OUT to Cedar Point Yacht Club on Bluff Point to photograph a gorgeous view of L.I. Sound.
• SIP a green juice from the Organic Market.
• REGISTER FOR the NYT crossword puzzle challenge at the library.
What are your favorites? Let me know and I’ll be sure to share. Happy New Year!